- 3-4 heads baby bok choy, trimmed and cut in half*
- 2 tablespoons Fork & Leaf Roasting Oil
- sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- red pepper flakes (optional)
Lemon Garlic Cashew Cream
- 1 cup cashews, soaked at least 4 hours, drained and rinsed
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- juice and zest from 2 lemon (reserve a small amount of zest for serving)
- 1/2 cup water (you may need a little more or less)
- 1 tablespoon Fork & Leaf Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- sea salt, to taste
Preheat the oven to 425ºF. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
Toss the halved bok choy with the olive oil, salt and pepper and red pepper flakes, if using. Place cut side down on the parchment line baking pan and roast for 10 minutes. After 10 minutes, turn the bok choy over, cut side is now up and roast another 5 minutes.
While the bok choy is roasting, make the cashew cream. Add the drained, soaked cashews to your high speed blender, add the garlic, lemon juice and zest, reserving a small amount of zest for serving, water, olive oil and salt. Blend until smooth and creamy.
When the bok choy is tender with crisp leaves and a small amount of caramelization, remove from the oven. Serve with the Lemon Garlic Cashew Cream drizzled over top and a sprinkle of lemon zest. Salt and pepper, to taste. Enjoy.